Sunday, March 16, 2008
With Google Talk being the talk of the town right now, some people loving it, and some hating it, I thought of posting some cool and useful tips and tricks for those who wanna tweak and get some more juice from it. I will try to keep it short and easy.
~Some General Info n Tips~
1. Insert Line Breaks - If you want to have a message that spans multiple paragraphs, just hold shift and hit enter. You can add as many new lines as you want to create.
2. Bold Text - To write something bold, you can use an asterisk before and after the word, like *this*.
3. Italic Text - To use italics, use an underscore before an after the word, like _this_ .
4. Switch Windows - Hitting tab will cycle through open windows. It will select minimized conversations, to expand them just hit enter. If you just want to cycle through IM's and don't care about the buddy list, control-tab will do that and will automatically expand a minimized conversation if you settle on one.
5. Length Of A Single Message - A message can be max 32767 characters long.